Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Double Promotion in Karate

The day in office started off with surprises. I went to office. First, I checked my office mail as usual (what else can you expect from a software engineer?). I was surprised to see that my friend Sai (we call him Maadu) got double promotion in Karate. He wrote to me telling he moved up from White (novice) to White Senior. He is my junior in Karate. I didn't knew my result then. I thought, 'I haven't got a double promotion till now. How could this guy manage to get a double promotion?!' But I knew this guy deserved it because he was sincerely learning it for more than 6 months and moreover, it won't look good if we keep this jumbo Maadu along with the kids in White Junior! Few moments later, I got another email from Sai congratulating me for getting double promotion. I moved up from Yellow Junior to Green Junior. It was another surprise because I didn't attend the training for more than 30 days due to some injury and I had a poor show of my stamina during the grading. But I managed to fight well. It was a happy news anyway. I felt nice and thanked my friend & congratulated him as well. I believe my friend also had a great day.

Link

1 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I will also have to reveal that we call you 'yerumai'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home